Thursday, July 02, 2009

All things new baby!

We've made it past the sweet 37th week of pregnancy where the baby is considered full term. Now it's just a matter of keeping the baby in there as long as it wants to to strengthen those lungs, develop great digestion, and add fat under its skin. I wouldn't mind going a few days early if things get uncomfortable, which I'm sure they will, but am not very interested in being 2 weeks past! The official due date is July 19th. Rowan was three days past his due date but there is evidence to show that second babies have a gestation period 5 days less than the first. On this note I invite you all to enter your guesses (by comment or email), if you haven't already, for a little baby pool fun. Date, weight, and of course sex of the baby! The closest without going over will win something fun of course not to mention bragging rights!

I have pretty strong tidying up, cleaning, and organizing tendencies but nesting has truly clicked in. Thank you to Alan who cleaned out the bottom of the dishwasher last night! The nursery is almost read to be up and running. I am awaiting adding accessories and all things pink, like the old IKEA Rosali patterns I have, if it's a girl and will be interested in the 'Sweet Potato Domain' line at target if it's a boy. After we add some more haute pocket cloth diapers to the mix we should be all set! Bring on baby!

8 comments:

Sandy said...

Hi Christine - I think a little girl (7lb, 4oz) will be born on the 18th. Of course I have no idea, but guessing is fun :) Hope you are feeling well. I look forward to meeting your little blessing.

Audrey said...

You might hate me, but...

July 22. (because I'm 22!)
Another boy. (because I want you to have a girl, I know it will be a boy)
8 lbs. 6 oz. (I just made that up)

(then again, I haven't seen you, so my guess might have been different if I had taken all of those crazy wives-tales into account)

I don't even know if they would let you go 10 days past due, but I hear some pretty amazing people are born on the 29th of July ;-) So I would be all for that too even if it means my guess is wrong.

Phyllis said...

I will go with July 17, girl, 7lb., 6 oz. I'm just guessing, not intuitive, and a little bit favoring a girl, just for variety in the family!
Memme

Leah said...

The nursery looks great! I think your package should be there today, so you'll be complete. And the swing won't be so short!

I already made my guess but I don't remember anything except that it was for a girl. Hopefully you kept that paper!

Christie said...

I'm going to guess July 20, girl, 7lb 12oz.

The nursery looks adorable but I knew it would! :-)

BobR said...

I see everybody and everything is ready - great !

Jamie said...

HHMMM!! July 16th would be a nice birthday for a sweet little girl. 7lbs.12oz Praying for a safe delivery!

Anonymous said...

hey alan and chrissy I am soo excited to hear about the new bundle of joy. I hope its a girl 7lbs 8 oz just a random guess. from shannon