Thursday, August 05, 2010

Here's the dress. For Evangeline's 1st Birthday I made her a sundress. I was gifted the book Making Children's Clothes: 25 Stylish Step-by-step Sewing Projects for 0-5 Years along with some gorgeous fabrics. Therefore, I perused the pages and I embarked on creating the toddler dress for Evangeline. Of course, I waited for my talented Mother-In-Law to visit so that she was on hand for instruction and correction! It didn't take long but the mind work for creating it is intense. It's lined and could be worn reversed in a pinch if stained. The ties are sewn of the same fabric, there is a ribbon detailing on the bottom along with a homemade yo-yo to add flare to the front. I pray that she's wear this now, with undershirts as the weather cools and as a shirt with shorts or pants in the years to come. Making it was a memory of time well spent with my Mother-In -Law and as a precious gift for our beautiful and sweet Evangeline.

3 comments:

The Suburban Gal said...

You are daring...lined and everything! Looks beautiful. I will be checking to see if our library has that book...

Phyllis said...

You wear it well, Eva.

robin said...

oh yeah!!!