Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Cillian Holt Rudnick


Cillian Holt Rudnick arrived at 8:05 P.M. on Monday April 14, 2014.

Alan and I started that day attending an Obstetricians appointment. Being 40 weeks 5 days I received a fluid and growth ultrasound and a non-stress test along with my checkup. This ensures that baby was still growing and developing well. Check!

My physician ensured me that I was already laboring and that I would not be making to my next appointment.  We had heard that before and I personally did not put much stock in it.  I've learned not to 'get my hopes up' with expecting babies on a timeline. 

After lunch and a delightful conversation with my sister I grew very tired and laid down to rest.  I tried to sleep but began to feel uncomfortable and noticed some new contractions. I have had hours of contractions within the two weeks of my pregnancy and they were nothing new.  It wasn't until 1:30 that I decided to track the contractions to see if there was a pattern.  From 1:30 until 4:30 I think I remember watching TV, putting away laundry, and watching the children play outside. But mostly, I remember wandering around. I was doubtful that I would be delivering that day even through the gaining contractions of the afternoon. My Mom, who had been with us the final two weeks of my pregnancy, smiled that 'we were going to be having a baby today'! I was unsure and preparing myself for the contractions to stop or for a very long labor in which this baby was not going to be arriving today. But he did!

I called Alan for him to come home at 4:30. I packed and bathed. At 6:00 we left for The Saratoga Hospital. I interacted with the nurses for a short period of time, managed to answer a few questions and settle into laboring in my room. My mother arrived after getting the children settled with our dear friend.  Then, it was a fast progression through dilation, my water breaking, and knowing it was time to push. I try to remember what a blessing natural labor and delivery is while I'm in the moment. During the work of labor I pull from the strength God has blessed me with and the prayers I knew I was surrounded by.  They are enough to sustain me.  At 8:00, and with two pushes, I birthed my second son. Cillian Holt was born. He was perfectly knit by God. 

It was then, once he was placed on my chest, that I was able to open my eyes, come out of my laboring work, and awaken to the miracle.  I saw and felt such joy. You can imagine the joy in the room.  Alan's elation was overflowing! Lolly's love exuding! My Dr.'s face was beaming! 

Cillian weighed in at 7 lbs. 13.7 oz. and measures 22 in. in length.  He has long fingers and toes and we love every inch of him. Welcome to the family little one!

My First Day

Going Home

3 comments:

Phyllis said...

Truly a Labor of Love!

Anonymous said...

Chrissy
Just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

haha not anonymous ....Laura Marino! Can not wait to meet sweet Cillian